We’re using a web-based platform called Crowdcast for our Wednesday evening and Saturday morning interactive broadcasts.
REGISTERING FOR A CROWDCAST EVENT
- Navigate to the Crowdcast link – Event Links will come via email from Hero’s Journey Foundation, and can also be found on the “Session Dates” page: http://ensemblehero.org/datestimes/
- Click the ‘Save my spot’ button to register.
- Next, you will be prompted to sign in or register. If you are new to Crowdcast, you can signup with your email or social login.
- Once you are logged in, you will see all of your joined events in the dashboard.
- An email will be sent to confirm your registration, along with the option to add the event to your calendar.
Using Crowdcast For The First Time
We want to make sure everyone is ready to join the live interactive conversation.
Here’s a quick checklist to make sure you are ready to go live:
- Join from a compatible browser (Chrome or Firefox) and device (full list here).
- If you’re screen sharing, use Chrome and download the screen share extension here.
- Use headphones. This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection with an upload speed of at least 5Mbps (test here)
- Make sure you pass the tests in the Crowdcast setup checklist to test your network firewall and ensure your mic & camera are connected.
If you get stuck using Crowdcast, you can always open another browser tab to our “Tech Support Chat” https://tlk.io/awakeningthehero to chat with Anna Noack one on one. The Tech Support Chat is always open during the live broadcasts!
Something to remember – most of the time refreshing the browser is the easiest and fastest way to resolve a simple tech issue like a frozen screen or an audio delay! (Sometimes things get a little scrambled, this is always the thing we’ll ask you to do first!)
The Crowdcast Set Up Page is a handy page with links for testing your internet speed, microphone and video, and to make sure there are no firewalls preventing you from experiencing the broadcast clearly. https://www.crowdcast.io/setup