How An Ensemble Journey Works
Over a six week period:
- DO MORE THAN JUST RETREAT, WITHDRAW & SURVIVE – ACTUALLY LIVE INTO THE HERO’S JOURNEY MYTH.
- LEARN TO FACE YOUR ORDEALS IN NEW WAYS – FOR YOURSELF, BUT NOT BY YOURSELF.
- FEEL YOURSELF BETTER ABLE TO RESPOND TO AN UNCERTAIN WORLD WITH A STRONGER SENSE OF SELF.
- HAVE A LIVED EXPERIENCE OF BEING CONNECTED TO SOMETHING LARGER THAN JUST YOURSELF.
- One’s own journey is happening alongside the ordeals and daily challenges that others are also living through during the pandemic.
- Each person’s learning and skill development influences and supports everyone else’s, just like the rising tide lifts all boats in the sea.
- Each person has opportunities to cross paths with others on live broadcasts, or within peer-led break-out groups provided by the HJF staff, so that you can hear one another’s adventures and ordeals, and find yourself experiencing synchronicities and new possibilities that would not otherwise occur .
The ensemble hero journey is a distinct and dynamic opportunity to learn about developing a resilient and responsive sense of self,
one that is shaped more by the connection to the others both in small groups and through community broadcasts,
and less by the more typical, isolating and solitary nature of one’s most habitual thinking.
How We Journey Together While Living Through the Pandemic
Gather BI-WEEKLY on Saturdays at 11:30 am ET / 5:30 pm Spain/ for live, whole community broadcasts, which provide new orientations and teachings on a theme for the journey, and opportunities to share with one another across the globe in our community chats. This is hosted by Michael Mervosh.
- Meet up within our smaller, optional weekly groups to check-in together and share your journey challenges or tasks that are happening in a more personal way. These optional weekly check-ins are hosted by seasoned Hero’s Journey® Foundation Facilitators.
- Receive support through audio meditations, live movement sessions (yoga, kundalini breathing), brief inspirational readings, and short video instructions that provide teachings and guidance while on your Journey.
Journey Tools & Learning Opportunities
Each of us will be encouraged to move forward by taking up any of the Journey Tools, which we frame as opportunities to move beyond fear and beyond a survival mentality.
There really will be no going back to the world as we once knew it – only forward.
By saying ‘Yes’ to the challenges or tasks placed before us we create an ignition for movement forward in our lives.
By creating movement through our own initiatives, we are better positioned to receive the unexpected openings and blessings that might not have come to us in any other way or time but now.
- The journey tools, reaches and challenges are intended to open and stretch ourselves in small ways, but in ways we would not typically tend to think of or act upon on our own.
- These practices and initiatives position us, in a mysterious way, for worthwhile things to happen that would not typically happen, without the exact conditions we are in, as well as our response to them.
Meet Your Guide:
MICHAEL MERVOSH is a licensed psychologist and psychotherapist, who runs a full-time private practice in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition, he founded the Hero’s Journey® Foundation and co-founded the Psychoenergetics Training Program.
Through 30 years of experience in working with individuals, groups and people in wilderness intensives, as well as the past 5 years providing support for individuals through online programs, he is inspired now to provide this 3rd round of the “Ensemble Hero: Navigating the Unknown.” Michael gathers himself and a seasoned, supportive staff to provide a container and tools to take up the global pandemic as a personal journey, as well as alongside others in a living, dynamic group – an Ensemble.
The idea is that by saying “YES” to an unfolding adventure,
one that has been born out of unprecedented ordeals and daunting challenges,
and by propelling the journey forward with personal initiatives,
synchronicity begins to take place.