Your Task: Reach By Re-Adjusting
Make a Correction to Your Path – perhaps make an amend with a significant other; fix something in your home that has been broken for awhile; address an old regret you have held against yourself; commit to interrupting an old habit that does not bring you alive, think about a chronic pattern in your life from a new perspective.
- This reach is meant to be an exploration of a practice to become more adaptable, more flexible and more humble.
- Take the opportunity to actively demonstrate an ability to alter your course.
Think of this as you becoming more like water, and capable of moving fluidly and deftly around things you would tend to perceive as solid barriers, or indictments that you have held against yourself, that hold you back.
- Course Correction – a minimalist essay on making adjustments to our path – By Joshua Fields Milburn & Ryan Nicodemus.
2. You Must Be Willing To Make Continual Course Corrections – by Brian Tracy.
3. The Great Work Of Your Life – by Stephen Cope. Read Chapter Eight on John Keats, and his theory of Negative Capability. This chapter is about Letting Our Desires Give Birth to Our Aspirations.
“The most demanding part of living a lifetime as an artist is the strict discipline of forcing oneself to work steadfastly along the nerve of one’s own most intimate sensitivities.” – Annie Truitt
- Make the time and space you need to identify one particular area of your life, and look closely at a course correction that is needed. How would your ego, and perhaps an over-attachment to an idealized self-image, keep you from looking closely?
- Notice any way that your initial tendencies take your energy and focus away from making a necessary correction or adaptation to the path you are on. Do you avoid? Fall into immobilizing self-judgment? Start rationalizing or justifying the error of your way?
- We can truly learn more – and grow further than we’d imagine – from a mistake we’ve made, rather than from easy success, or from a direct, linear path that we might take. What needs to happen in order for you to be available to learn from your lived experiences of imperfection or failure?
- Be willing to make just one specific shift this week in your life. Keep it concrete and do-able.
Do this for yourself. Just one shift. Make an amend in some way to your life, make it personal and private, just for you.
Or make an amend with another person, either through a heartfelt apology, or a conscious change in behavior. Be humble, become malleable. Be willing to be different in some tangible way.
How does it feel to experience yourself in a shift or change of mind?
Traveller Your Footprints Are the Road – the poem by Antonio Machado read on Saturday’s broadcast.
Small Group Check In Sessions
Monday Evening- January 15th 8:30 pm ET – https://zoom.us/j/146914362 or Call +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID:146-914-362
Wednesday-January 17th 9:00 pm ET– https://zoom.us/j/327779983 or Call +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID:327-779-983
Thursday-January 18th 11:00 pm ET– https://zoom.us/j/251761531 or Call +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID:251-761-531
Sunday-January 21st 10:00 am ET – https://zoom.us/j/223371909 or Call +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID:223-371-909